In this Policy, “Nero Book Awards”, “Caffe Nero”, “we”, “us” and “our”, refer to Nero Holdings Ltd.
Caffè Nero Group Ltd is committed to protecting the security and privacy of third parties (including its customers and all visitors to the Site. We will comply with the requirements of the “Data Protection Legislation”, including (i) the UK Data Protection Act 2018, (ii) the UK General Data Protection Regulation, (iii) the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and (iv) all similar or related legislation relating to the processing of Personal Information and/or privacy applicable in any jurisdiction and will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is secure, and monitored with regard to access, both internally and externally.
We will only collect your Personal Information:
- when you give feedback to this site;
- when you join, sign up or subscribe to any of our clubs, panels, forums or other facilities which we run on or from the Site from time to time;
- when you enter competitions we run; and
- through data aggregation.
We will ensure that your Personal Information is handled in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation. By visiting and/or contacting us through the Website (or otherwise engaging with us), you acknowledge that we may collect, use and transfer your Personal Information as set out in this Policy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation, we are deemed to be the “data controller” in respect of any Personal Information that you provide to us or we otherwise obtain about you.
- Personal Information that we collect
- Personal Information that we receive from other sources
- What we do with your Personal Information
- How we share your Personal Information
- Our security measures and information about when we delete data
- How you can access and update your Personal Information
- Changes to this Policy
- Our contact information and opting out
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
When you engage with us (e.g. sending us emails, contacting us via telephone or visiting or making an enquiry through the Website, or entering competitions/awards we run), you may provide Personal Information about yourself including your name and contact details (e.g. your address, email address and telephone number). Some of this Personal Information is collected and processed so we can perform a contract with you, some for the purpose of legal compliance and some for the purposes of our legitimate business interests (namely to carry out and improve our business, analyse the use of our Site and services and support our staff and customers).
Where you give feedback to or contact us we will only ever use your Personal Information to respond directly to you in relation to your feedback and/or comment.
Where you enter any competitions or awards we may run, we will collect your name, date of birth, contact details and other required qualification specific information. This is so we can assess your entry and award you a prize if successful.
- User Sign-up
If you choose the opt in and sign up to our communications and/or marketing materials, we may collect data on your username, password, contact e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, date of birth, demographics information, and personal interests. Unless you choose to opt out, or communicate the decision to discontinue by contacting us as described below, we will use your Personal Information to send you information which we think may interest you and keep you up to date as to developments relating to the facility operated by us which you have joined, signed-up to or subscribed to.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may receive information from third parties who collect Personal Information from you and pass it on to us, for example, for fraud prevention. Our staff may also give us emergency contact information as part of our emergency scenario planning and may give us details of their dependents and of other people in relation to their employee benefits arrangements. Where this is the case the third party is responsible for obtaining the relevant consents from you to ensure you are happy with the ways in which your Personal Information will be used.
3. WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use your Personal Information in order to:
- correspond with you,
- improve our Site and services,
- assess you as part of a competition/award entry,
- for our internal business processes,
- where you have explicitly consented at the time we collected your Personal Information or where we otherwise have a right to do so, we may also use your Personal Information to let you know about our services and/or inform you about important changes or developments to our services, by post, telephone and e-mail.
- from time to time, we may also use your Personal Information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. This will only happen where you have opted-in to receive such communications.
If you change your mind about us using your Personal Information in the ways described in this Policy, please let us know by contacting us using the details provided below.
You may also opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the instructions outlined in any marketing email you receive from us.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In certain circumstances we may pass your Personal Information to carefully selected third parties, such as the Booksellers Association and Riot Communications, our partners who assist with administering the Nero Book Awards. We will never pass your Personal Information for such purposes unless you have allowed us to do so or we have a lawful right to do so.
If after having given us permission to pass your Personal Information to third parties you change your mind you can opt out by contacting us as described below.
In addition, it may be necessary to disclose your Personal Information if we are under a duty to disclose your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation, carry out an internal investigation, enforce our Terms and Conditions and any other agreement, or protect the rights, property, or safety of Caffè Nero, Caffè Nero’s group companies and our customers, directors, employees or other personnel. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention.
5. OUR SECURITY MEASURES AND INFORMATION ABOUT WHEN WE DELETE DATA
We take appropriate steps to protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
We will only keep your Personal Information for as long as we reasonably require and, in any event, only for as long as the Data Protection Legislation allows.
Where you have chosen a password which allows you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and, although we will take steps to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted via the Website; any transmission is therefore at your own risk.
6. HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a number of rights concerning the personal information we use, which you may ask us to observe. In some cases, even when you make a request concerning your personal information, we may not be required, or be able to carry out your request as this may result in us not being able to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations under the lawful processing conditions under which we hold your data or because there is a minimum statutory period of time for which we have to keep your information. If this is the case, we will let you know our reasons.
You can ask us to:
- Provide a copy of your personal information
- Correct or delete unnecessary or inaccurate personal information
- Restrict or to object to the use of your personal information at any time
- Object to any automated decision, including profiling. Where an automated decision has been made we will advise you of this and of your rights
- Provide your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have your personal data transferred to another controller
- Where we rely on your consent to use your personal information, you can withdraw that consent at any time. Where your consent is withdrawn, your previous consent will remain valid in respect of our use of your information prior to the date you withdrew it, or if any marketing material has been sent prior to you advising that you do not want us to contact you again
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at Caffè Nero using the contact details as described below.
Should you have any queries or complaints in relation to how we use your Personal Information, please contact us at Caffè Nero using the details set out as described below. Should you wish to take any complaints or queries further, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office regarding such issues. You may contact the ICO at:
The Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Tel: 08456 30 60 60
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or their related policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Information via these websites.
9. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Caffè Nero may amend this Policy at any time without notice. By continuing to use the Website and making use of our services you agree to the updated Policy. If you do not agree to any changes that we make, you should not use or access (or continue to use or access) the Site and/or our services. Any changes to this Policy will be posted on the Site.
10. OUR CONTACT INFORMATION AND OPTING OUT
You can opt out of receiving various communications from us or report a concern by contacting us. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com.